Plastic Parts (was:Dumb...)

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:34:29 +0000

Jon Page wrote:

> Wooden parts is not always the answer. Broken plastic elbows should be
> replaced
> with snap-on plastic elbows. I have replaced them with wood until I decided
> to do
> a "quick" repair. That convinced me that replacing elbows with wood was a
> waste
> of the customer's money and _my_time.
> Quick replacement: vice-grips placed on wire at end of old elbow, break off.
> Screw on new elbow to vice-grips. Install.
>
> Jon Page
> Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

Jon,
	Thanks for correcting me on that. I also carry the Vagias Snap-on
elbows in my case. I should have clarified better. I replace plastic
jacks and flanges with wood parts. plastic elbows are replaced with
plastic elbows. I will even replace broken wood elbows with plastic
sanp-on type if they will fit.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH