the other side of the fence

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:24:00

At 01:12 PM 3/19/98 -0500, Ralph wrote:
>Stephan
>Have just tried the Montal and was pleasantly surprised to see just how
>close it is to ET. The only flaw that was immediately apparent to me (as
>I'm certain it was to you) was that the thirds were set to be all alike
>rather than progressively faster as they ascend.
>
>A really interesting post! Thank you.
>Ralph Martin

Hiya Ralph ...

Hmmm.... non-progressive (conservative?) thirds ... big trouble, no equal.
I confess to being disappointed ... I'd been hoping it would be really
close to ET.

Stephen, did you find the thirds were all the same speed as well? I wonder
what musical consequences that would have.

Ralph, how equal were the other intervals?

yours,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Time will end all my troubles, but I don't always
approve of Time's methods."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant