Voicing reply

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 23:58:31 -0700

I can quickly think of a few reasons why a technician should voice a fine new
piano such as a Mason & Hamlin:
1) The room at the Mason & Hamlin factory where the piano was voiced sounds
different than the room where the piano currently is housed.
2) The piano has been played.  All pianos change with playing.  Voicing is
adversely affected by playing.
3) The owner likes a different tone than what the factory voicer liked.
4) Maybe, just perhaps, the voicing was not finished when the piano left the
factory.