Boston verticals

Chuck Bell cwbell@uss.net
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:36:05 -0600

List,
    I'm considering the purchase of a studio vertical to take some wear off of the grand.
Is the Boston vertical a Kawai with closer tolerances or does it have Steinway design
features?  I am impressed with the Samicks (sp?) that I have seen; they seem to be a good
value but I'm concerned about possible non-leather knuckles and manufacturing tolerances.
And  finally, the Young Chang vertical seems to play like a truck.  Any comments or
suggestions?
    Chuck Bell
    Associate member