PTbiz software (off-topic-help)

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Thu, 26 Feb 98 02:05:52

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:54:36 +0000, David ilvedson wrote:
>Greg,
>
>I have been using Dean Reyburn's "Piano Service Manager"
>(DOS) for about 5 years for my database/scheduler.  I use
>Quickbooks Pro for my accounting.  I tried PTBiz for Windows95,
>which I use, in hopes of eliminating my last DOS programs
>(except games).  I couldn't find enough advantages for me to
>switch and the lack of a scheduler was as big factor.  In the
>decade or so I've been computerized I have come to the fact that
>you have to separate the database/scheduler from the accounting.
>You need two programs!  They don't have any real need to be
>integrated although it would be great.  Check out Dean's
>program.  He is on the Web...
>
>David ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA

David, Greg and List,
	I too have been using Dean Reyburns piano service Manager for
quite a while.  Even without the scheduler I found PTBiz to be quite
a breath of fresh air!  I've always felt that Dean's program was
never quite finished.  There have been a number of shortcomings over
the years, all of which are addressed by PTBiz.  I plan to order the
full version as soon as I can find the time to transfer all my files
over. (no small task)!  I feel that for someone just entering the
arena of recordkeeping on a PC,  PTBiz is a much more forward
thinking solution than is PSM.  Anyone want to buy my copy of PSM
when I buy PTBiz?  Oh!, and PTBiz doesn't require a dongle to hang
off the parallel port connection.  This could be a big deal on a
laptop!  PTBiz is also priced much more in line with what a program
of this caliber should cost. JMHO!
			Greg Newell
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`