PTbiz software (off-topic-help)

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:54:36 +0000

> Date:          Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:41:40 -0600
> From:          Greg Torres <Tunapiana@adisfwb.com>
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       PTbiz software (off-topic-help)

Greg,

I have been using Dean Reyburn's "Piano Service Manager"
(DOS) for about 5 years for my database/scheduler.  I use
Quickbooks Pro for my accounting.  I tried PTBiz for Windows95,
which I use, in hopes of eliminating my last DOS programs
(except games).  I couldn't find enough advantages for me to
switch and the lack of a scheduler was as big factor.  In the
decade or so I've been computerized I have come to the fact that
you have to separate the database/scheduler from the accounting.
You need two programs!  They don't have any real need to be
integrated although it would be great.  Check out Dean's
program.  He is on the Web...

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA