piano manufacturing

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 14:35:37 EST

>The questions are as follows::
>Are piano manufactureres going the way of the small grocery store in the
>US? What I mean is, are three or four of the large corporate structures
>gradually "eating up" or purchasing the smaller companies until they are
>no more?

With only 2 major manufactuers left in the US, the 3 smaller ones are going to
be able to compete with them, the same the small grocery stores are, by
providing better service. Of the other manufacturers in the world, only the
big ones are being marketed to any extend in the US.  The small ones are able
to compete, on a very limited basis, again, by being able to offer better
service.

>The second question:
>Can a smaller, top quality, piano manufacturer survive and prosper in the
>coming years?

>Ralph Martin

That will have to remain to be seen.

Willem Blees RPT