QuietTime and other complicated stuff

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:21:15 +0100

Dear List,
Last week I installed a QuietTime system combined with a Yamaha P50m
pianosound-module in an Grotrian Steinweg upright.
It isn't exactly what my customer wanted (she wanted the Yamaha Silent
system in her piano) but she is very satisfied. She put on the headphones ,
play a tune and said: "Oh I've forgotten to put the mute rail on." She
hadn't. Could I get a better compliment?

I want to thank all the people on the list who responded to my question on
this subject, in particular Ruud Legdeur. Ruud advised me to use the QT GT0
+ Yamaha P50m.

The Yamaha Silent system parts can be purchased, but the wholesale price
will be ±$3000 or more and you get no manual or warranty.
Recently I got info on an Italian system called "Master", it came by regular
mail and didn't give much technical details. I'll check them out on the
Frankfurter Musikmesse next moth.

Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Meppel