please advise action bracket repair

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 09:29:53 -0500

----------
> From: Tim Keenan & Rebecca Counts <tkeenan@kermode.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: please advise action bracket repair
> Date: Thursday, February 19, 1998 10:32 PM
>
> Dear List:
>
> I  I haven't used epoxy for such a repair before, but I think that
> the rough crystalline surface of the broken cast metal might allow it to
> work satisfactorily.

Rough crystalline surface?  Do these action brackets appear swollen or have
swollen spots at all?  Can you crumble the metal with your bare hands?  If
so, the metal has crystallized and no repair is possible.  Some of the
supply houses carry replacement action brackets (try APSCO or Schaff for
starters).  If indeed the metal still acts like metal and nothing is
swollen, then ... ... go ahead with the epoxy repairs suggested by others
and please tell us how it all worked out.

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net