Rule of thumb

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:18:54 -0500

When measuring for a replacement string and attempting to match the
length of the one in the piano, I leave 1/8" short at the bridge side and
1/4" short at the agraffe side. Once pulled up, they come out pretty good,
but one should really replace both wires of a bichord for best sound
especially on a good piano.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)