LCD MUSIC RACK DISPLAY

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:26:15 -0800 (PST)

At 10:50 AM 2/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Susan wrote:
>> Speaking of which, how long before pianists can get a thin, flat
>> liquid crystal monitor, which will store all their music, so they
>> don't have to turn pages? It can be a terrible mess for them.
>>
>This thing actually exists.
>
>A prototype for such a device was designed by a group of undergraduates in
>Systems Design Engineering at U. Waterloo as a design course project.
>Intended customers were orchestral musicians who have to struggle with
>this page turning stuff, pit lights etc.. I don't think it will catch on
>though...seeing struggling musicians is part of the audience appeal. The
>dramatic effect of sheets flying every which way. Won't catch on.
>
>Stephen

How interesting, Stephen ... but it might catch on ... the audience could
watch as the gadget turned too far, and the musician desperately kicked the
piano over and over, trying to find his place ... as the music dimmed at a
critical moment, and the musician tried to hit it and get it to work again,
but shattered it instead ... TILT.

I must admit, that without paper backup (which they would no longer be adept
at handling) the device could be very risky. If it didn't work, there they'd
be, heading toward the waterfall without a paddle.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"It's hopeless! Tomorrow there'll be even more books I should have read than
there are today."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant