Pitch Rasing using the SAT

David W. Pitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:10:24 -0700

In deed you are correct.  Pitch raising with the end in mind (each note
compensated for where it will be in the final tuning) is the best method.  Using
the built-in SAT or RCT pitch raising is an educated guess at best.  The proof of
course is "in the pudding".
Any tuner who has tried both methods knows that depending upon the size of the
soundboard, how stiff the soundboard/rib/bridge system is, along with other
factors like weak points in the bridge where it crosses under a plate strut, all
add up to show that a piano tuner can be (and should be) more knowledgeable than
an electronic tuning aid.  That is why we are called tuner and the machines are
called aides!  I would be more than happy to prove this point in practrice to
anyone who doubts.