Re: Flügeln

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:10:41 +0100

Richard,

vleugel = wing = Flügel  (not flugel)
Dutch / English / German / French / Spanish
vleugel = grand = Flügel = piano a queue = piano de cola
staart = tail = ......... = queue = cola

Dutch / English / German
piano = upright = Klavier
klavier = keyboard = Tastatur

Klavier comes from the Latin word "Clavis" wich means key, in Dutch "toets",
in German "Taste" . The key you put in a lock we call a "sleutel" and the
German use the word "Schlüssel"

And also very important:
If you translate " MOODY " into Dutch, you get "ontstemd" wich also means
"out of tune".

Vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Loon
Meppel
Nederland
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvanloon
tel/fax ++31 522 255160
'Hunting only will become a sport when the animals are allowed to return
fire'