Overcharge?

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 18:51:40 EST

 >and her husband did not want me in the
>house again.

>refer to Joe Garrett's
>Repair Labor Guide. a tuning requires 2 hours, pitch raise 5-20 cents, add
1/2
>hour, 25 to 50 cents, add 1 hour, more than 50 cents, add 1 1/2 hours.
>Multiply times your hourly fee.  Did you charge enough or too little?

A 51 cent pitch raise and tuning requiring 3 1/2 hours?! I don't know who Joe
Garrett is but I would say he could stand to hone his skills a bit, learn to
work more efficiently, or stop day dreaming on the job.

And if I multiplied 3 1/2 times my hourly fee, the above tuning with a 1/4
step pitch raise would cost my customer over $200.

If I was her husband, I wouldn't let me back in the house either.

Dave Bunch