Verdigris

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 05:51:18 -0600 (CST)

Part of Richard Moody's post:
>Hmm that makes the parafin culprit less in whippen flanges, and even
>less in Jack flanges.
>So did Steinway use parafin only in hammer flanges...

Richard, List,

I don't know the reasons for verdigris in older Steinway action centers.  I
only know what others have said they are.  My primary interest is in
relieving the problem when I am called out to service such pianos.  So far,
I have met with a great deal of success in the particular experiences with
which I have been given the latitude to experiment.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731