acoustic? ACOUSTIC???

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 02:33:26 -0600

----------
> From: Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: acoustic?  ACOUSTIC???
> Date: Saturday, February 14, 1998 1:23 PM

it's that the piano is getting shallower and less dynamic and less
musical. Depth
> of tone, dynamic tone changes with variations in loudness, the
sweet softness and the
> blazing power, those subtleties and nuances that used to be part
and parcel of the piano
> sound are the things that used to make the piano unique. Now they
are commonly found only
> in a very few select instruments that are available only to a
select few. Unless that
> dynamic returns to the instruments that can be bought and owned by
mere mortals, the piano
> will become just as historical as are some of the temperments that
have appeared on it.
> They won't be used much because they'll only be available to and
treasured by a very few
> diehards.
>
> Del

So what about the pianos you put new soundboards in and what ever
else you do?
They are supreme aren't they?
If you don't believe the best sounding pianos that have ever been
heard are being built today, ask me where they are, and I will tell
you where to go.
I don't mean this to be a flame, as I hope I can include rebuilt
pianos on the proposed dream trip of hearing the best pianos ever.
	Well perhaps you point in the argument, of all the pianos built,
only a
few are truly of artestic merit. However, I think there are more than
a few available to more than a "few dihards" The top ten makers are
producing  pianos as good or better than ever. That is more than a
few. And more than enough to satisfy the contemporary artistic
demands of the home, studio and music industry.

Richard Moody

ps I refer readers to Del's post re a different piano design...of
2-14-98