Acrosonic temperament tips w/ SAT Needed.

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 21:34:39 EST

<<
 Anyone have any tuning hits/tips when using a SAT (w/ FAC) on an
 Baldwin Acrosonic?  I seem to have a hard time getting anything
 to sound acceptable.

 It seems like I've seen this discussion on the list before, but
 I searched the archives and couldn't come up with anything.  Sorry if
 this topic is a repeat!!

 Any ideas/hints appreciated!!!

 Mark Cunningham
 Chattanooga, TN

Acrosonics are very difficult to tune when hearing an acceptable temperament.
Sometimes you just have to let a little wildness be acceptable and chances are
you client will not notice and if so, would have a better piano.

I designed a tuning for the SAT but the problem is that the pitch level seems
to vary between Acrosonics i.e., reading for A4 may differ.

If it will help, I will email you privately with the numbers.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR