Pitch raise

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 21:34:42 EST

Dear Friends and Collegues,

Here is a question for you to ponder?  When pitch raising do you fine tune the
piano immediately after or come back after the piano has settled, say 3-5 days
or one month?  Does it depend on how much you raise the pitch?

I have had situations where I have done a 1/2 step pitch raise, and came back
in a month to do a fine tune, and the end result was that the piano was much
more stable.  I would then recommend another tuning 3-6 months at the initial
fine tuning rate and if a pitch raise was needed, I would eat the extra fee.
What do you think?

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR