Right Church, Wrong Pew

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:39:51 -0800 (PST)

At 05:56 PM 2/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>My father told me how he handled his anger, especially doing business.  He
>would write a scathing letter with all his feelings and opinions.  And he
>would set it aside for a day, then he would never end up sending it.  He
said >this was how Abe Lincoln handled it.

>Brad Smith, RPT
>Manchester, NH

[similar ideas from Tom Cole and Jon Page]

Dear long-suffering list --

I intend to try this more consistently than I have in the past. (Yes, I have
composed and not sent flames several times.) Certainly I have been hot under
the collar often enough, which isn't always a bad thing, if it can be
controlled.

I think one thing that affects flaming is how long a time one has conversed
in e-mail. It is a very hot medium, and newcomers tend to have incendiary
urges. It takes time and experience to learn how what one will write will
look a few days or months later.

Yours faithfully,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"You can say goodbye to the past, but you can never wipe it out."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant