Steinway plate bolts

Sat, 14 Feb 1998 10:34:56 -0800

Bob, Frank, et al,

I've not seen square headed rim bolts used on a Steinway plate, but I've come across
several in which they've been replaced. I've done it myself. Some of those old bolts were
pretty soft. If I come across a piano that has even one rim bolt broken (or a bolt that
looks like it might be about to break) I'll replace the whole set.

-- ddf