Steinway plate bolts

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:26:26 -0500

I've never seen square rim bolts, and one would have to question why anyone
would ever need to replace hex head rim bolts with square.  I have seen hex
Steinway rim bolts that were pretty irregular - the distance between flats
varied almost a 1/16 of an inch depending on which two flats were used.
Maybe someone at Steinway had a bad day getting the hex flats even and just
decided to file the heads square.

Frank Weston