Structural integrity of S&S

Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:38:29 -0800

Robert Goodale wrote:

> ....Thus, getting back to the original topic, under "normal" use,(unless
> normal means that you live under a volcano), I think it is safe
> statement to tell a customer that S&S rank top on the list. The VERY
> top? Who knows. Again, I wouldn't want to do a destructive test to find
> out, but it is probably a safe statement to say so in a business
> environment anyway.
>
> Just a thought... (bracing for flames)
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT

Rob,

I'll certainly agree that they rank up at the top. But still would point out that so did many other American-made instruments. And, by the way, that structural
integrity is one of the reasons that I still recommend Steinway pianos over just about everything else. (Except, of course, for our remanufactured instruments!)

Now, about those volcano's. Where I live, even those aren't out of the question...

Del