another query

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:27:06 +0000

James,
	I don't have any experience with historical temperment. I only have a
few years (very few) with ET. But..... back in the college days, in my
first semester of music history, I remember one of the students had a
digital that had 4 or 5 HT's built in. Played chromatic scales starting
at C and going up one octave in ET. Then changed to a HT. WOW! What a
difference. Some of the chords sounded like curdled milk. And some of
them purer than the light at the end of the tunnel. I have all respect
for HT's, but have not experienced them, nor have my clients. Maybe
someday.
	I would probably have to say that the Kurzweils probably have the
closest HTs and Digital sound. But what do I know about digital. I have
a dino-dino-dinosaur Clavinova. ET and not the best. Sound ......
well....for the time it was incredible for digital, but its 10 years
old.

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service