S&S underlevers

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:39:11 EST

Greetings all,
Inre damper replacements , Keith writes:
<<When considering replacement parts for Steinway pianos, here is something

to take into consideration: "If it doesn't have 12,116 genuine Steinway

parts, it isn't a Steinway."

     The Renner kit is, IMHO, the best thing going for all of the damper
systems found in the 1960-1983 Steinways.  Those pianos that have them are
regarded, accepted, and played as Steinways.........
       I have tried the factory replacements and the Renner just produces a
more controllable result.  It is more work, but with careful attentionto
geometry, a great improvement can be made in the typical 1960's pianos.
  Using the kit with the older models often presents problems with damper/sos.
rod clearance, as it relates to the backchecks,  but this can be solved by
other means.
later all,
Ed Foote
 (Just to make as many people jealous as possible, I will be out of touch for
the week, as we beat a  retreat to Maui. ( Oh wowie, look at them drinks with
little umbrellas sticking out of them....     oh yea, when I get back, we can
talk about temperaments again,  I am going to try and find a "slack-key"
guitarist over there that will talk  to me about it....(:)}}}
ya wanna flame me?  go ahead, I will use them to toast the