More:Re: verdigris action parts

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:04:07 -0600 (CST)

>..Here's the thing though.... I've had shanks/flanges nearly immobilized
>by verdigris(squeeky tight) and treating with protek almost instantly
>free's them, but at the same time the treatment doesn't touch the wippen
>centers. Sluggish as ever. Anyone care to venture a guess as to why that
>is?
>
>Paul E. Dempsey

No guessing involved.  The range of movement is greatly restricted while in
the action, Paul.  However, if you remove each Steinway repetition and
physically treat each bushing on both sides of the flange with Protek, and
then move the flange its entire arc numerous times.  It'll free up like
nobody's business.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician