ivory or what?

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 05:04:38 -0500

Hi gang,

I have a newer Steinway D here (less than two years old) and the dealer
swears it has an ivory keyboard.  Now it looks like plastic to me, no
grain, one piece, thicker than any ivory I have ever seen and so on.  I did
read here a few weeks ago that Steinway was still putting one piece ivory
on their D's in the eightys  so what's the deal?  Is this guy nuts or have
I gone stark naked mad?

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (614) 593-1429