verdegris action parts

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:50:41 EST

> I have been following the thread about sluggish action parts and installing
> player mechanisms. What is the opinion of the list as to rebushing versus
> replacing the parts. For instance, do you all find it better or easier to
> rebush and repin, or would you consider it too much bother and just replace
> the parts? I have used the Renner cloth in an assembly line fasion, and it
> seems to work well. Any thoughts at all on the subject? I’m sure a lot of
>you
> have been doing this kind of work for a lot longer than I have. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Ray Irving

Ray

Although rebushing and repinning is a good alternative, I have found that in
addition to the bushings and pins needing to be replaced, the knuckles are
also worn out. By the time you add up the time to replace those to the time it
takes to rebush and repin, it might be cheaper, and a lot less work, to
replace the shanks and flanges with new ones.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis