S&S underlevers

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@nau.edu
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:48:00 -0700

Dan Rue wrote:

> Help. Does anyone know of a supplier for S&S grand underlevers? I have a
> model M with water damage to the top 20 underlevers & can't find anyone
> willing to sell anything less than whole sets. Steinway wants $520 for the
> set, so I would like to avoid that option if possible. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated both by me and my client. Thanks......Dan Rue,RPT.
>
> _
> Dan Rue
> rue@ncia.com

You might want to look into the Renner underlever kit. According to my
1997 price list, cost is $395.00.  Still a lot of money, but cheeper
than Steinway. The quality of this kit is reputed to be outstanding.

Renner's is at:
P.O. Box 1223 Weston CT  06883
(203) 221-7500

I am assuming that this is the earlier Steinway type in which the
flanges are glued to the rail?  Otherwise if it is the screwed type you
could always replace the set of underlevers only without replacing the
rail and tray. I don't see it in my catalog, but I am 99% certain that
Renner sells individual underlevers as well.

Rob Goodale, RPT