Slug Steinway

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:40:16 EST

List;
  With the definitions below I would tend to believe that verdigris is more
 likely to be a result of sulfides rather than sulfates, if there is a
 difference, but I would defer to our resident chemist (Tim) on this one.
  Interesting note is that in the "important derivaitves" section of the
 definition of binary is the use of the word twilight.  It is most appropiate
 in that an action with vedigris problems showing up is certainly in its
 "twilight".  I'm not sure though where "twilight' would be a derivate of
 binary, which means, loosely, dual or two.  Perhaps it is reference to
 twilight being between dark and light....I donna know !
 Jim Bryant (FL)

 Sulfate---sul-fate (sîl-fEt1) n.
 1. A chemical compound containing the bivalent group SO4.

 Sulfide--sul-fide (sîl-fhd1) n.
 A compound of bivalent sulfur with an electropositive element or group,
 especially a binary compound of sulfur with a metal.