Bios

Thu, 12 Feb 1998 08:29:12 -0600

Morning, all,

I promised Gina (privately) that I would post an abbreviated bio to the
list. I'm tending to agree with her assessment that the quality of  posts
from any individual go further in establishing credibility than any bio such
as the following:

As far as my alleged qualifications...

After dabbling at tuning, aided and abetted by Wm Braid White, getting out
of the service and returning to Michigan State, I really learned to tune
under Owen Jorgensen.

I remember more than once Owen giving me a handwritten set of tuning
instructions for some weird (a.k.a. HT) temperament.  He was, at that time,
writing his first book and probably figured that if _I_ could tune it to his
satisfaction, _anybody_ could.  There are several others on the list
{lurkers - you know who you are} who could say the same thing.

I worked a series of day jobs then went to Western Iowa Tech, apprenticed at
Aspen (where I learned a lot about harpsichords), worked for stores in Sioux
Falls,SD and Phila.  Spent a week at Steinway with Joe Bisceglie - what a hoot!

Been here since '81.
84 quasi-normal pianos, 1 square, 1 fortepiano replica, 4 harpsichords, 5
tracker pipe organs, occasional teaching.

FWIW   -Flamesuit qualifications-

As my business owner father's son, I naturally saw a lot growing up and
later worked summers and later fulltime at the "shop".  My experiences
include sweeping, shipping and receiving, assembly and finally, sales and
technical representative.

What of? Patents which my father and the company held are for the machinery
and process for texturing synthetic fibre called Taslan (TM).

So, I've not only designed the flamesuits, but the yarn and fabric as well. ;-}

More than you wanted to know, so why haven't you already hit the "delete"??

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Acoustic Keyboard Technician - Luther College
700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.