further clarification on query

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:54:05 -0600 (CST)

>...So while some may view Verdigris as a difficult problem
>to deal with, you should look upon it as an opportunity to expand your
>business, your income and your professional standing. You can become a
>tech who specializes in old Steinways. No kidding. It's a hell of a
>reputation to have.
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

Been doing this slowly, but surely, Les.  It's a great niché, to bring back
these beautiful older instruments into very acceptable playing creatures.
I currently have an 1925 M that is in full operation with original parts
that is gorgeous.  I did a 1927 AIII before that, and the owner is in love
again.  Both pianos were verdigris victims to the point you could lift the
hammers and measure hang time......in minutes.  :-)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731