Key Bushings

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:53:39 EST

<<
 Jim,
 	I know that this may not be of much help, but what about a small, very
 sharp chisel, a lot of time and patience.  :-)

 Mike Masters
 Masters Piano Service
 Lakewood, OH

Sorry Mike, but I have to disagree with you here.  You do not want to remove
any of
the wood in the key mortice because you will have an inconsitent key easing.
Let the chemicals (or steam) do the work and the bushings will come out with
tweezers.  Bill Spurlock's method IMHO is the best around.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR