Cuba

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:24:00 -0500

Dear Friends,

Thursday morning, at 5:40 am I am taking a train to New York and then
another train to Toronto.  I will spend a day with Ari Isaac and Hana.

Friday morning a group of musicians, instrument technicians and two
piano technicians are flying to Havana for a two week stay.

I am going there to teach a small group grand regulation, and if there
is time upright regulation as well as repair techniques as the work
progresses.

I am also taking a large suit case of perscription and OTC medications
to a childrens hospital in Havana.  Several doctors and nurses
contributed to the stash.  It is now a VERY heavy suitcase.  I am also
taking a box of 36 Hearshey bars to be distributed to the children.  I
will take ;ictures if it is permitted.

The Cubans take their music seriously and the condition of the pianos
make making music seriously difficult, with missing strings, tuned
pianos, actions unregulated and rusty breaking strings.

I will be returning home on February 28th, again through Toronto with a
over nighter with Ari and Hana.

Keep me in your thought as I try to share my experiences and knowledge
with those who have so little of either.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com