Pitch and HTs/Ed Foote changes my opinion

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:33:12 +0000

Hello Jim and List,

    Ed Foote just changed my view of the importance of A-440 in his
recent logical post which says that to ask musicians to accept a HT is
enough.  Asking them to also change their "A" is too much.  I believe
now that it is better to put A at 440 and accept and suffer all other
consequences associated with changing the overall average piano pitch.
    I don't think the temperament relationship takes precedence over the
pitch standard.   Both are just too important like which is more
important- my heart or my kidneys?  I can't live without either, though
I can probably get by with alittle damage to both better than complete
failure of one.

-Mike Jorgensen RPT

" in  HT the