440 pitch changes

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:46:48 -0700 (MST)

Hi Richard:

In your last paragraph you mentioned that the Baldwin F went sharp when
the lights came on. Usually a piano goes flat when the lights come on. So,
I'm thinking that it might have been the air conditioning that came on
to raise the pitch. That can certainly do it. Now, if one could properly
coordinate the air conditioning and the lights to keep the piano on
pitch, that would be some trick.

Jim Coleman, Sr.