WTs

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:38:56 -0600

Hi folks,

Following this thread with great interest.

Points for you to ponder:

1. no one knows what these temperaments *really* sounded like.

2. no one knows if the directions (which were some what *general*) are correct

3. Seems that tuning HT's comes down to a matter of the *taste* of the tuner
doing the work. The example I use with my clients about *quality* is this. I
don't like cherry pie. That does NOT mean that cherry pie is NOT good, it
just means I personally don't like it. HT's are by nature total subjective.

Does anyone know if the temperaments as they became *newer* i.e. 1750
compared to 1850 became *more* equal in semitone size? Was this a trend?

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
3004 Grant Rd.