Acrosonic temperament tips w/ SAT Needed.

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 00:01:44 -0700

Mark..
If you use FAC mode you will be using a wound string for the F which will
give you a bad tuning.  I prefer to go back to the old "F" mode and instead
of starting on C-3 go to the first plain wire string and up from there.
Then go to tune mode and tune the wound strings to the octave/fifth above
the string being tuned.  Check trhe intervals across the break...may need
an aural touchup.  The Baldwin scale is very poor on this piano, but
Baldwin sold more of these than any other, so we are stuck with it!  Best
Dick RPT MT
> From: Mark A. Cunningham <MARK@CSTCC.CC.TN.US>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Acrosonic temperament tips w/ SAT Needed.
> Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 7:31 AM
>
> Anyone have any tuning hits/tips when using a SAT (w/ FAC) on an
> Baldwin Acrosonic?  I seem to have a hard time getting anything
> to sound acceptable.
.tn.us