WTs

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:48:35 EST

<< I think I have finally understood what our collegue from Madison is saying:
"There is no one temperament that is right for every piece, but there IS one
that is WRONG for every piece, ET."
  dave >>

That's exactly what I think.  Thank you for expressing it.   Yes, it is an
opinion but I can support that opinion with plenty of sound principals and
information. While I understand the acceptance of ET and the fact that many
are used to the sound it creates on the piano, that does not mean that it
must, for all time, be the only sound that is considered acceptable.  Popular
opinions can and do change over time.

Bill