..damper seating..

THEOFONE@aol.com THEOFONE@aol.com
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:19:29 EST

In a message dated 2/7/98 12:11:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU writes:

<<  overall *ring* in this piano..as if the entire Damper
 > > system was not hitting the strings in the proper place..especially in
 > > the wound strings..
 > >  >>
Mike,
          I have read the posts on this problem, but what I did NOT hear was "
Does this piano have a laminated board?"  If it does, live with it
laminated boards are noisy and the discription sounds like it might be one.
The other solutions are good and will help minimize the problem.
Baldwins CAN be very noisy with a solid board, But with a laminated one??????
                                                     Theodore Mamel RPT
                                                      Pittsburgh Chapter