This-n-that quiz answer

Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:56:25 -0600

>Nope, no naughty nameboard nonwoven natural fibre fabric found flagrantly
folded.

 ,but close...

Turned out to be a healthy problem:  High fibre -- no flat -- all-natural...

I first ran my 6" metal rule between the keys and under the key stop rail
from the front and the back to dislodge any foreign material.  None found.

I pushed down the back of the keys to see if there was anything under the
key.  Nothing.

Got my eyeballs down closer to the key level and noticed that, while the
front of the key was down, it looked like the key was still touching the key
stop rail.  It was.

The keys are not one piece. There is a glue joint about 4mm below the key
covering.  It had failed and the back half of the (natural) tails had bowed
up, pushing up on the key stop rail and depressing the keys.  Really good
spring to them.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Acoustic Keyboard Technician - Luther College
700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu -or- pno2ner@salamander.com

If I had multiple personality disorder, my resume would make more sense.