Key Bushings

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 23:38:52 -0600

Jim

Pianotek sells a Key Easing Iron (Page B-5 in catalog) which could be useful in
this situation. This is a soldering iron with a special tip for key bushings.
Since the glue is heat activated, these would reheat  and soften it. Someone else
mentioned using heated cauls and this would be the same method without having to
reheat the cauls each time. This tool does also work very well easing keys where
the felt needs pressing.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, Tn