Key Bushings

RIrvingbas@aol.com RIrvingbas@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:37:10 EST

	If you are not in a real hurry you can use felt wedges, made from the hammer
scraps that the houses sell. Soak these in the wallpaper remover solution and
insert one into each mortise. Let them sit there for a while (even as long as
a couple hours) re wetting if necessary. You can do other shop work, or even a
tuning in the meantime. The most stubborn glue will give up and let go. The
old bushings come out fairly easily this way. I hardly ever use steam, but
when I do, I use the iron and damp cloth trick.

	Have you tried the Bushmaster from Pianotek for inserting the new bushings?
It really works well.