..damper seating..

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Fri, 06 Feb 98 05:16:37

On Fri, 06 Feb 1998 06:45:48 -0500, Phil Bondi wrote:

>..just tuned a new Baldwin Acro..and Thank You Baldwin for taking the
>*spinet* out of the Acro..
>
>..i noticed a overall *ring* in this piano..as if the entire Damper
>system was not hitting the strings in the proper place..especially in
>the wound strings..
>
>..the customer did not show concern, but I noticed it..
>
>..what would be the proper procedure for correcting this *minor*
>problem..?..and I do mean minor..something tells me a turn on the
>action bolts where the action sits might take care of the problem, but
>wouldn't that but more strain on the top bolts..?
>
>..inquiring rookie minds wanna know..

Phil,
	My first step would be to press against the strings and see if the damper
follows them.  If not you may just have an improper pedal adjustment.  it's also possible
that the entire set of dampers were not correctly regulated. Check for the pedal
adjustment first.  Above all call Baldwin to make sure that your efforts are not for free!
				Greg Newell

Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`
Lakewood, Ohio 44107