Concert prep help

walter sikora sikora@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:19:29 -0500

John,

I can't answer all your questions, but I did a tuning etc. for this group a
couple of years ago at University of North Carolina.

Piano was a Steinway D.  I left it pretty bright.  The entire group was a
laid back bunch and there was no discussion about the piano.

I remember the piano player really liked to wail on the upper two octaves.
Unfortunately, a poor amplification system (which had been outsourced by
UNC) dulled and distorted  the sound of the piano.  Still, it was a great
concert.

Walter Sikora, RPT
Chapel Hill, NC