Kimball LaPetit..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 06:36:54 -0500

..just had my second experience with this piano..and my first with an
action problem..I must say to Bill Bremmer that it has been my
experience so far that Kimball does/did makes a very solid
instrument..I have a personal problem with any Grand that doesn't
measure at least 5', but that's personal..It tuned up just fine and
with the exception of the single-wound strings, it sounded good for a
piano of this size..

..the action problem I had was a first for me..the action in these is
something I have not experienced yet..but I was able to fix her
problem..a very small piece of rubber had come loose..this piece is
used as a stop for the Jack adjustment screw..I know LB is having a
coronary right now with my lack of knowledge of the *proper terms*,
but I think we all know what I mean..and I DID fix her problem and she
was happy..sorry LB..as busy as I've been, I have had no time to read
up and study Grand Action parts and their functions..I feel pretty
confident about troubleshooting and repairing most problems, but my
lack of the *proper terms* is still lacking..it'll come.

..how would you describe the action in this piano?..it is *Grand*, but
it's not *conventional*..inquiring rookie minds want to know..