bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 20:06:56 -0600

----------
> From: Lance Lafargue <lafargue@iAmerica.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: bobbling hammers-1993 Kranich&Bach
> Date: Thursday, February 05, 1998 10:49 AM
>
> Richard,
> As my first post indicated, they (Baldwin) basically said that the
piano
> was so inexpensive and they made so little on it, that it would be
> considered dealer prep and they would not cover it.

Call them again.  Ask for the technician in charge of warranty
problems.  Tell them dealer prep did not take care of a problem, and
ask
if  this is covered by their warrenty. I have done this for one of my
clients. They told me
specificaly what the warranty was, (expired) and their recomended
treatment.  They even sent me a service manual. Sorry I didn't
remember your  first post.  But if you didn't talk to a  technician,
that's why I am suggesting a follow up call. They should also  tell
you that a piano of a specific serial number is or is  not covered by
one or more guarantees.
Richard Moody