when in doubt ...rip 'em out???

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 22:25:21 EST

Greetings,
<<>On soundboards being replaced.  I believe as Bill Garlick once said to me,
>"too many people are pulling out perfectly good soundboards".  Dave just
>because a board is 40 years old or older? >>
     The same thing goes for pinblocks.  I tuned one of my rebuilds from 1980
today.  It is a 1913 model O, that I restrung with  3/0 pins.  It has an even
120 in/lbs of torque, tunes like a dream, and will do so for a long time to
come.
      Poor repinning has given a lot of old blocks a bad name, but properly
done, these blocks can go up the sizes of pins one by one, allowing at least
two re-stringings.
Regards,
Ed Foote