when in doubt ...rip 'em out???

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:32:32 EST

List,

On soundboards being replaced.  I believe as Bill Garlick once said to me,
"too many people are pulling out perfectly good soundboards".  Dave just
because a board is 40 years old or older?  I don't think that should be the
criteria at all.  If it sounds good and has good sustain, that should be the
determining factor.  Bill Garlick has a "B" from the 1890's in his living room
that has 0 crown, with original soundboard that sounds tremendous and has good
sustain.  Listen, listen and then step back and listen.  That, in my opinion
may be the best criteria.

<zippin up the flame suit>
Ed Tomlinson