Brass plating

Richard Anderson tknostf@foxvalley.net
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 19:13:50 -0600

Bob,
I've not found any non-cyanide brass plating systems yet. Fifty to
eighty dollars is the going minimum rate for any brass plate in this
area. When I was dealing with my old plater he would hold my brass jobs
and combine them with another to spread the minimum charge. He did lots
of work so the wait was never more than a few weeks. It's cheaper to
replace the pedals if you can in this case. The aerosol brass products
work well cosmetically, especially if the parts you paint - typically
pedal rods or lyre braces - aren't immediately adjacent to other solid
brass parts. Of course the brass paint wears through eventually on
pedals, but a heavy clear coat should last several years.

Richard Anderson, RPT
Elgin IL