bench repair

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:54:51 -0600

Dear Robert,
	As a person involved in the creation of new piano benches I would love to
find a source for the lifting mechanism.  This mechanism is the most
problem these benches have.
	I have many people call me about the cost of the adjustable type and of
course the price from GRK or Jansen is very high when you first hear it.
	I can sometimes get around it by stating that I can build the standard
bench to whatever height they wish + I can attach a variable glider at the
base of the leg which will go up or down + or - 1/2".  The addition of a
bench cushion can mean another 1".
	My best answer to these people is that once you set the height for
yourself why would you change it or add the adjustable glide and or the
cushion.
 James Grebe/
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Success is not a goal, rather it is a way of life".